Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Stuff: It's A Good Day

Just did a little lunchtime shopping. Looney Tunes Golden Collection: Volume 3 is out today, with some of my favourite cartoons:
  • Homeless Hare
    One of the great construction site cartoons
  • Hillbilly Hare
    With the famous square dancing scene
  • Duck! Rabbit! Duck!
    One of the two Rabbit Season cartoons
  • Robin Hood Daffy
    "Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!"
  • Claws for Alarm
    I always liked the Porky & Sylvester ones better than the Tweety ones
  • Birds Anonymous
    Watch for the quick tribute to Un Chien Andalou
This volume contains sixty cartoons in all, plus a whole whack of extras, including some World War II vintage Private Snafu cartoons, documentaries, commentaries, and so on. I love DVDs.

On top of that, I finally found the fourth volume (1957-1958) in Fantagraphics's great The Complete Peanuts series. These are every bit as gorgeous as The Complete Far Side and The Complete Calvin and Hobbes (both published by United Media), but instead of being huge boxed sets, they're coming out as separate hardcovers, two years in each, in a 6" x 8" format.

It's interesting that Fantagraphics is putting out The Complete Peanuts -- I just realized that United Media owns Peanuts as well as The Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes. I wonder why they aren't the ones doing The Complete Peanuts.

All I need now is a nice, hard bound The Complete Pogo, and I'll be set.

No comments:

Blog Archive