Thursday, October 06, 2005

Books (Comic Strip): Surfer Safari

I missed a few days in there, so it's time to catch up on the books. Back after my post on FoxTrot, I said I'd get to the latest (tenth) collection of Jim Toomey's Sherman's Lagoon, Surfer Safari.

Like the FoxTrot My Hot Dog Whent Out, Can I Have Another? collection, there's not much new in Surfer Safari, but it's still fun. The biggest change is the addition of Herman, Sherman & Meggan's new son, but like Filmore's adopted son Clayton, he's off-screen most of the time. The rest of the characters have been well-established for years now, but the strip still manages to keep the jokes fresh (most of the time -- there are a few rehashes here and there). Another good addition to the bedtime comics rotation.

No comments:

Blog Archive