This time, I toured Toronto east of the Don Valley instead of west:
Some notable bits of the trip:
- 4.4km - Stopped at Cherry Beach for an hour to do some water-fetch with Cobalt.
- 12.2km - The tip of Leslie Spit
- 25.4km - Breakfast
- 47.2km - A view of Pickering's nuclear power plant
- ~52km - The Highland Creek trail turns to fine sand, and a washed-out section I encountered last year is even more washed out now.
- 64.0km - Stopped for donuts.
- ~78km - I planned my route through the forest in l'Amoreaux Park -- that was a mistake. The path is soft wood chips.
- 85.3km - The tippy-top: Steeles & Leslie. From here, it's (almost) all downhill.
- 94.4km - Lunch
- 100km - Arrival at Edward Gardens, the north end of the part of the Don Valley trails I know best.
- 116km - Home, finally!