Friday, January 28, 2011

Cycling: Plotting A City

I've let this place languish for far too long, but I couldn't let this pass without mentioning it here (though I should have mentioned it sooner!):

Back in August, 2009, I posted some videos I had made from my cycling GPS tracks. Shortly after, in September, I was interviewed by the Torontoist blog.

Most recently, the videos were noticed by Patrick Macaulay at the Harbourfront Centre here in town, and I was invited to participate in a small exhibit called Plotting A City: "Eight artists document the city through an active plotting by creative activities such as photography, painting, sound, walking and installation."

The reception is tonight, 6-10pm, at York Quay, and the show opens tomorrow, January 29th, to run through to April 3rd:



I had no idea that this was a possibility when I posted the videos to YouTube. I'm off to the reception shortly -- I'm looking forward to seeing how it all works out.

No comments: