You probably haven't noticed -- unless you actually make a habit of watching for new comments on two-month-old posts -- but a couple of days ago I had an unexpected visitor at my post on Jessica Snyder Sachs's book on forensics, Corpse -- namely, Jessica Sachs herself.
Corpse was a fun book (and one that comes to mind any time any of the CSI coroners makes a pronouncement about time of death). Sachs is now working on "a book about the microbes that colonize our bodies while we're still alive", which may be less -- or maybe more -- disturbing that her stories about the ones that colonize our bodies after we're dead.
She has her own weblog at http://www.jessicasachs.com/ -- be sure to drop by.
- ► 2007 (69)
- ► 2006 (35)
- Stuff: Toronto Hawks
- Stuff: Christmas Disaster Aftermath
- Stuff: Christmas Disaster Addendum
- Stuff: Christmas Disasters
- Joyous Yule
- Stuff: It's Author's Week at '77 Track 7
- Book (Science): The Ancestor's Tale
- Stuff: This is cool
- Photography: Toronto Winter
- Stuff: Celebrity Spotting
- Book (Science): The Cartoon Guide to Chemistry
- Books (Comic Strip): Thriving on Vague Objectives
- ▼ December (12)